Welcome to the 4th EPUAP Focus Meeting website!
EPUAP Focus Meeting 2018 Photo Gallery
Enter the photo gallery HERE.
The Pressure Ulcers in Critically Ill Paediatric and Adult Populations: Science and Practice United
Hosted by Turku University Hospital (Turku, Finland) and Finnish Wound Care Society
Dates: 21 - 23 May
Location: Turku, Finland
- Introduction to the world of intensive care
- Risks and risk assessment of pressure ulcers
- Skin care protocols in critically ill patients
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit point of view, demands on neonatal and children
- Medical devices related to the pressure ulcers in PICU and ICU
- Challenges in positioning and repositioning in ICU: Haemodynamics and oxygenation
- Special topics in critical care
- Outcomes of intensive care
In addition to the oral presentations held by the various experts during each key session, the programme will include also poster viewing.
The EPUAP Focus Meeting is a unique initiative aimed at exchanging knowledge among scientists, clinicians, R&D and industry in regard to the latest developments in special areas of pressure ulcer research and practice. The focus meeting is intended to create a space for in-depth discussions about special topics, to identify knowledge and technological gaps, as well as clinical needs in the pressure ulcer field, and to establish a platform for discussion for academia and industry.
We look forward to welcoming you in Turku, a vibrant and fascinating modern city at the crossroads of the Baltic Sea in the Southwest Finland!
Focus Meeting 2018 Local Organising Committee
Maarit Ahtiala, Chair of the conference
Carina Bååth, Co-chair of the conference
The EPUAP Focus meeting 2018 was granted 13 European CME credits by the EACCME.
The 3rd announcement including the preliminary programme is available here.
Turku University Hospital
The map with the venue location is available , please use the entrance 18A to get in the building 18.
Abstract submission deadline: 15 January 2018
Early registration deadline: 10 March 2018